Friday, March 5, 2010

Woman who blogged about abortion faces death threats

http://www.abcactionnews.com/content/news/local/hillsborough/west/tampa/story/Tampa-woman-faces-death-threats-after-tweeting/vR6P9FLQF0q5O4pz_GKp7g.cspx

Pro-life apparently means wanting to kill those who have a different view on abortion than you do.

“A Bay area woman is facing backlash and death threats after she posted the details of her abortion on Twitter and YouTube.
Angie Jackson was four weeks pregnant when she made a YouTube video. In it, she shocked many when she said, "I am having an abortion-right now."
In the next three minutes, Jackson, detailed her reaction to mifepristone, commonly known as the abortion pill (RU-486 during development).
On YouTube she said, "It's not that bad, it's not that scary, it's basically like a miscarriage. I am live tweeting my abortion on Twitter, not for a publicity stunt or attention or to justify it for myself. I am at peace with my decision. I am doing this to demystify abortion so other women know that it is not nearly as terrifying as I had myself worked up thinking. It is not that bad. This is nothing compared to child birth, compared to labor for me. This is the best choice. It is not that bad and I want people to know that it is out there if you need this."

I applaud Jackson’s actions. I doubt the decision to have the abortion could’ve been easy, let alone the decision to broadcast this to the world. Surely she knew the backlash it would create among the radical Christians in America.
“She said she chose abortion because of life threatening complications in her first pregnancy, and to protect the child she does have, a 4-year-old boy with special needs.

On YouTube she said, "He is my world. I want to stay alive and be his mom a lot longer, so I am having an abortion."
But that choice, she fears, has put him in danger.
"I have received numerous death threats. People have made violent threats toward my son. One was someone wishing he would be cut up and ripped from limb to limb in front of me. I want people to know that I am reporting every threat to the FBI," Jackson says.”

I need to stop expecting these religious morons to behave rationally. Threatening a woman for making a difficult decision regarding her own body is own thing but threatening a child who has done absolutely nothing speaks to why we need to speak out against the madness that is faith. Apparently, these delusional fanatics would commit an act that could be defined as terrorism inflicting pain and harm among the living to protect a fetus.

No comments: