Friday, March 5, 2010

I'm an atheist and I believe in something!

http://www.americanthinker.com/2010/03/the_pathetic_god_of_environmen_1.html

“Writing, or trying to write, about God is usually a bad idea. Either there is a God or there is not. If there is no God, then there is nothing to write about. (Sorry atheists -- but if you are right and God does not exist -- why bother spending so much time and energy on ... nothing?)”

I can answer that question! As an atheist I do believe there is something worth spending so much time and energy on. Humanity, people, the here and now is what I believe in. This life is the only one we have and so we most make the most of it while we can. I believe in the wonders and chaos that is the known universe. I believe that what we have in the here and now is more incredible than any idea of angels, fairies or other mystical beings. I believe, in this life.

No comments: