Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Atheist Bus Campaign Banned in New Zealand

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10628222

“Organisers of a controversial campaign to get pro-atheism ads on buses say they may go to the Human Rights Review Tribunal after transport company NZ Bus backtracked on plans to allow the ads.”

I hope this means that NZ Bus will no longer allow any religious messages on their buses as well. I’m not arguing against the company’s right to not run the ads. My concern is over the public backlash that caused the ads to be pulled.

“NZ Bus tentatively approved the ads for buses in major centres, but later backtracked after receiving a number of complaints from the public and staff.”

I have some advice to the protestors, if the ads offend you, don’t ride the bus that’s how capitalism works, you vote with your dollar. Personally, I wouldn’t get too worked up over seeing an ad for religion on a bus, as long as I knew the other view was also given a chance to be displayed.

No comments: