Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Guess Who's Back?

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/04/20/politics/main6415666.shtml

In the world of, “Why can’t they just go away?” Rick Santorum is back and he has some things to say about evolution:

“Asked about his position on evolution, Santorum requested a definition of the term more than once; he then suggested that the question actually concerned "Darwinism."

"Look, I believe that we were created by God," Santorum said. "That we have a soul. Now, if you can square that with evolution, fine. I don't know. I'm not an expert in evolution. What I can say is that I believe that we are created in the image and likeness of God, that we have a soul, and that we are not just a mistake. A mutation. I think we are something that God put on this earth, and have a divine spark, as Abraham Lincoln said."

"My feeling is the bottom line is I think it's important for society to understand that we are not just animals," he added. "…if we are just animals, and we're no different than any other animal out there, then the world is a very different place. And our expectations of others are very different. And I don't think it's true. And I don't think it's healthy."”


Santorum should explain what he means by Darwinism. Is he talking about some sort of religion?

We are just animals, it does change things but not in the negative way that Santorum describes. When we as a species come to accept that we are just animals who are part of the web of life we realize that it is necessary for our survival.

No comments: