Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Former Atheist: Christianity Really Does Make Sense

Holly Ordway, an ex-atheist is now a Christian. She'd love to tell you that Christianity is true and that's not just faith, she has evidence.

"I was startled to find that Christian theism had significantly better explanatory power than atheistic naturalism, in terms of explaining why the world is the way it is, and in accounting for my own experiences within it," she recounted, according to Biola. "Learning more about the Incarnation and about God, the most holy Trinity, has further reinforced my confidence that Christianity really does make sense of the world in a way no other worldview does."

She found that "St. Paul's forthright declaration that Christianity is based on the historical, witnessed events of Christ’s death and resurrection," that "theology and philosophy offered real answers" to her questions and weren't an appeal to blind faith, and that "the history of the Church did not conform to [her] image of the Christian faith as a self-serving, politically useful fiction."

Her intellectual pride was broken and she was humbled by God's goodness as she began to see herself as a sinner.

"I don’t 'believe' because I like the idea and want it to be true. I don’t 'believe' because I think Christianity makes sense intellectually (although that was a necessary foundation to my faith). In fact, I wouldn’t say that I 'believe' in God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, or that I 'believe' I have a personal relationship with Him: I would say that I know these things to be true," the former atheist emphatically stated in a 2007 blog entry.


Not to anyone's surprise, she fails to actually state what this evidence is. For someone who is supposedly educated she displays massive amounts of ignorance in stating that we have a strong historical, and witnesses accounts for the death of Christ. None of the Gospels were written until well after Christs death, that's not a good eye witness account, especially when we consider the supposed miracles of the work of Christ.

Funny how these theists find it to be a good thing that her intellectual pride was broken and she viewed her self as a sinner, in other words, worthless. We need to be proud of holding intellectual views, as opposed to swimming in ignorance, which she seems content in doing.

No comments: